Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Camberwell beauty.


I should mention this week end my amazing friend lottie had a show as part of the Camberwell arts festival. firstly let me say how in awe of her I am for having the guts to do this for a living. She really has to be so self driven..respec. Secondly I must congratulate her for getting through the past few weeks! I was up with her until 3am on friday calmly making a horses head for the show the next day. Hats off to you Lot you had it nailed this time. Anyway the show was a triumph. I was one of the first people to arrive at her installation...even though I knew the 2 people in that damp DARK room, I still found the experience extremely creepy!! It was, it really was ...but in a good way. It was the same kind of thrill you get from a ghost train, that kind of tense apprehension. I even missed out on a bit of the action because I had my eyes screwed up so tightly shut and I was sweating by the time I came back out. I really am so pleased that things like this are happening in our neighbourhood. Camberwell for centuries has been home to a colourful variety of inhabitants...lunatics, bohemians, drunks and not forgetting the Camberwell beauty. Im glad I live in this arty little corner of south London so steeped in history and character. Thank you to the people who make it interesting. Camberwell, Camberwell, Camberwell ...I love you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...