Friday, 22 May 2009

yes oh yessssss

I spent last wk end at my first festival of the season. hooray! its that time of year again! oh praise be...happy happy joy joy! wellies + cider +music+country air= very happy me.
wood festival was brilliant! its so tiny, i mean seriously about 500 people tiny... { half that number are the bands}  so there is a real sense of community. you pretty much know everyone by sight by the second day. it feels somewhere between a festival and a holiday camp { the hippy kind I went on as a kid}. the weekend is spent mostly making friends and singing. there is a lot of singing....singing along to the bands, around the campfire and in workshops. i sang my little heart out last weekend, it was food for the soul i tell you.

danny and the champions of the world were one of the highlights. my friend willy was so overwhelmed by this song she cried :-). 
stornoway stole the show for me. their lovely, melodic folk pop is just so...uplifting, i know it sounds cheesy but  i think several hundred wood revellers will agree.  they are playing again on tuesday in london. i might just have to go along for my fix.

6 comments:

Urchin said...

I love it!
The Wood Festival sounds amazing - I remember last year thinking we should go. Maybe next...

Elle said...

oh you have to go next year! I thought of you this weekend. you'd all love it. Kiddo's go for free and its only 50 squids for an adult ticket and its like fsc and a festival rolled into one!

Urchin said...

OK sold!

Tom said...

Hey Elle - my name's Tom, i work with Danny and the Champs. Really glad to hear you liked the show!Are you thinking of going to Truck this year as well?

Elle said...

yes i am. Ive just been looking at the time out festival guide....and its cheap...and if its full of the same lovely people, music, attitude...im there with bells on. x

ChcltBrcn said...

Hey Elle thanks for bigging up the Storn! I really enjoyed Tues, sorry I didn't get a chance to say farewell but had to drive our manager back to Reading, it took ages. I have 16 days left at my hell job, but good news is that Oxfam have offered me an interview for an internship over the summer! So I go from mixing evil chemicals to curing poverty, happy happy happy. Hope you are happy too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...