Thursday, 28 January 2010
the song was whiter shade of pale by procal harem.
turned cartwheels 'cross the floor ....really wildy dancing
I was feeling kinda seasick ....dancing til they feel sick
but the crowd called out for more ...people dont want them to stop
The room was humming harder
as the ceiling flew away...the room is spinning
When we called out for another drink
the waiter brought a tray...they order a lot more drinks
as the miller told his tale....later when a man is telling them a story after all the dancing and drinking
that her face, at first just ghostly,
turned a whiter shade of pale ...her face turns completely white...she's feelinig ill.
so what does the next verse mean?
But I wandered through my playing cards
and would not let her be
one of sixteen vestal virgins
who were leaving for the coast
and although my eyes were open
they might have just as well've been closed
well...erm lets see. nothing is making sense to her....but she can see what he wants...da da daaaa....he's playing his game....wont leave her alone.
p.s think im wrong? wikipedia it.
Tuesday, 26 January 2010
1. hand warmers. they give you these little hot sachets that you shake to activate then slip into your pockets as you leave a restaurant when its cold out. ( well that happened once anyway and it made me happy)
2. a bizarre looking item of womens underwear which i have recently discovered is a tummy/back warmer. it looks like a pair of big bottomless knickers with a rectangular pocket in the front to hold a sachet warmer thingy (see above). soooo toasty! an amazing discovery for a cramp sufferer such as i...they work like magic.
3. dazzlingly sunny, clear winters days. ( also magic)
4. heated seats on the trains... so cosy. now i know why everyone nods off.
5. the view of a beautiful, snow-capped mount fuji against the flawless, blue sky, from one of those seats, on one of those days.
6. 24 hour bars and convenience shops....oh what fun ( although, yes dangerous for those who never know when its time to go to bed.)
7. 3D cinema. actually amazing...who knew? who cares about the tedious story line and terrible script when you can don a pair of orbison-esque glasses and walk through the mystical forests of pandora!
8. the nice man at immigration who changed my visa status on the spot ( i was told it would be a week before i could fetch it) thanks mister sign-language-interpretation-man. youre the best.
9. lunching with ladies. a ton of melt-in-the mouth tuna sashimi. i'm telling you, to stave off the winter sads, it cannot be beat. stuffing your face with next to zilch caloretic (is that a word?) intake. (p.s why do we ever cook fish??)
10. and saving the best til last....ondine is coming to stay!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-):-)
Thursday, 21 January 2010
Wednesday, 20 January 2010
Monday, 18 January 2010
Thursday, 14 January 2010
when i grow up ( version by lissvik)- fever ray
i shall not me moved - shirley ann lee
Wednesday, 13 January 2010
the result is my walls are looking very colourful and yes, ever-so- slightly play-school. i really really need to paint them white, the horrible wet cement colour is doing nothing for my january mood.
Sunday, 10 January 2010
Saturday, 9 January 2010
50 visual artists were invited to create a new piece of work inspired by and including the band name.
i will never forget you is a book of nickolas muray's portraits of his muse and lover freida kahlo, taken throughout their affair in the 1940's. each one serves as a kind of love letter to his subject, immortalising her striking beauty in dazzling technicolour. everything about these portraits appeals to my sense of aesthetic (and romance) . the traditional costume and jewellery, the colours, the patterns, the flowers. my god, they are just so goooorgeous. i have a postcard of one on the wall above my bed but really i need to own a whole book of them.
Thursday, 7 January 2010
1. use my diary religiously so i don't forget what i need to do...and i know i can fit it all in.
Tuesday, 5 January 2010
Pantone is pleased to announce PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise, an inviting, luminous hue, as the Color of the Year for 2010. Combining the serene qualities of blue and the invigorating aspects of green, Turquoise inspires thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a comforting escape from the everyday troubles of the world, while at the same time restoring our sense of wellbeing.
In many cultures, Turquoise is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth, inspired by water and sky. Through years of color word-association studies, we also find that to many people, Turquoise represents an escape, taking them to a tropical paradise that is pleasant and inviting – even if it is only a fantasy.
Whether envisioned as a tranquil ocean surrounding a tropical island or a protective stone warding off evil spirits, Turquoise is a color that most people respond to positively. It is universally flattering, has appeal for men and women, and translates easily to fashion and interiors. With both warm and cool undertones, Turquoise pairs nicely with any other color in the spectrum. Turquoise adds a splash of excitement to neutrals and browns, complements reds and pinks, creates a classic maritime look with deep blues, livens up all other greens, and is especially trend-setting with yellow-greens